Benny and his friend Griffin at Ocean Beach in San Francisco.

Friday, April 02, 2004

It's Probably Not Fatal

It’s hard to still be hurting. I mean, the baby’s over two months old. It’s very discouraging. I’m constantly running a debate in my mind -- should I contact the doctor? Is it getting better? I hesitate to call my doctor. She’s a little nuts, the type where you turn up with a little cough and she says, “Well, it’s probably not walking pneumonia … but we should check.”

Plus I’ve got this screenplay to finish. A local aspiring filmmaker wants to produce a 15-minute movie of “The Europa Society.” (See www.apprenticefilms.com and buy a tote bag.) Writing fiction is the last thing I feel like doing. For years I would have killed for an opportunity like this, and it comes at a time in my life when I’m least able to do it.

Well, at least I can take care of Ben.

##

No comments: