Benny and his friend Griffin at Ocean Beach in San Francisco.

Monday, June 07, 2004

Tornado Alley

We’re trucking right along here in Michigan. (State Motto: "We Have Tornado Warnings Three Days in a Row!")

Ron, Benny and I spent much of last Thursday night in the basement bathroom, sitting on a comforter. Winds topped 95 mph.

The next morning I went to the eye doctor and had my pupils dilated, which sentenced me to a day of blurry vision. Which wouldn't have been so bad, except we had another frightening storm that afternoon, which sent Ben and me underground again. I couldn't see a thing. Branches were crashing against the house. The cat went ballistic.

Since then, we've had a steady diet of thunderstorms marching through here; parts of the Detroit area are totally flooded.

##

No comments: