|Walking along the Seine.|
1. Turn on the shower.
2. Turn off the shower.
3. Open my apartment door. (There's a little knob on the side you pull out.)
4. Turn on a hallway light so we don't keep bumping into walls.
5. Open my building door. (There's a little button you push.)
6. Find a Paris laundromat in the Latin Quarter.
7. Run the clothes washer. You pick a washer, pile your clothes in, add soap, then go over to a machine across the room to pay and start the
|Paris from the Arc de Triomphe.|
|Benny eats a hot-dog-in-a-baguette at a Latin Quarter cafe while we wait for our laundry.|
9. Read the restaurant receipt (tip is included).
I also figured out ...
|A French lawn mower in the Tuileries Garden.|
11.Which bus line gives the best tour of Paris.
12. How to pay for a bus ticket.
|A Paris mailbox. I thought it was for paper recycling.|
14. What a message beginning with "nouvelle destination" means and whether you have to leave the bus.
15. Whether the stuff at the market in a little yellow tub is actually butter.
16. How to call the U.S. from France.
17. How to find the secret underground entrance to the Louvre.
18. Where the closest post office is and what a Paris mailbox looks like.
19. How to open the drain in my apartment's bathroom sink so I can swish out some clothes. (There's a tiny lever in the back of the sink.)
... and finally ...
20. How many euros I can get out of the ATM without hitting my daily withdrawl limit.